The Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce is all in, and has joined the Chambers All In for Economic Recovery initiative. This initiative calls upon our legislators across the state to prioritize economic relief for the business community in the wake of a devastating year. The platform below was designed collaboratively with the business community’s input to identify items that our state legislature should consider to spur short- and long-term economic relief. Chambers All in for Economic Recovery calls for:
- The creation of a formalized private and public sector-led collaborative commission with the goal of understanding and responding to the ongoing pandemic and the long-term economic challenges of COVID-19
- An extension of policy exempting unemployment benefits claims from affecting the employer’s contribution rate for those layoffs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Installation of tax credits and incentives to eligible businesses that encourage job creation, workforce development, and business growth and investment
- Establishment of business tax credits for expenses related to establishing remote work capabilities
- Legal protections to employers who follow the CDC established safety guidelines from claims that COVID-19 was contracted at the place of business
- A call for more significant financial investments in Get Hired Il to assist in retraining workers for talent retention. The investment can aid in bringing the COVID-19 Employment Recovery Project to prominence in all 102 counties and develop capacity in the program to subsidize retraining costs
- A call to refrain from decoupling from federal tax credits provided for businesses in the CARES Act to ensure eligible businesses receive financial relief.
- A request for the state to work collaboratively with insurance providers to ensure any eligible employees are accurately classified as telecommunicating clerical employees for workers compensation insurance.
To see our letter to our State legislatures regarding this information, click here.
To see our letter to our Chamber members regarding this information, click here.
If you or your business wants to learn more on the Chambers All in for Economic Recovery platform, please contact Wendy J Pfeil, President/CEO at email@example.com.